- At checkout, when adding a credit/debit payment, click the Use EMV/Chip Reader button.
- The chip reader will activate and the customer should follow the prompts on the reader (confirm amount, insert card, enter pin if applicable, remove card, sign if applicable).
- Transaction should automatically complete once the payment is approved, with no further action from staff.
- For split payment (less than the total owed amount), payment will be added to list, but transaction will not be completed until they fill out all payments.
- If staff cancels or leaves the page while PIN pad is in use, transaction discrepancies may occur between CivicRec and Converge. These will be voided by CivicRec automatically after 2 hours.
- Once signature has been received (if needed) the transaction will process as successful.