- At checkout, when adding a credit/debit payment, click the Use EMV/Chip Reader button.
- The chip reader will activate and the customer should follow the prompts on the reader (confirm the amount, insert card, enter pin if applicable, remove the card, and sign if applicable).
- The transaction should automatically complete once the payment is approved, with no further action from staff.
- For split payment (less than the total owed amount), payment will be added to list, but the transaction will not be completed until they fill out all payments.
- If staff cancels or leaves the page while PIN pad is in use, transaction discrepancies may occur between CivicRec and Converge. These will be voided by CivicRec automatically after 2 hours.
- Once the signature has been received (if needed) the transaction will process as successful.