- Go to the front-end of your website by clicking on the Home Page icon on the top of your admin home screen
- Navigate to the page where you’d like to display a particular Quick Link category
- Turn on Live Edit
- Select the Widgets tab
- Select Modules
- Drag the News Flash widget to the desired area of the page. You can drop widgets into the main content area of your page or in the Feature Column.
Note: Make sure you see a dotted container appear in the desired spot on your page before you drop your widget.
- After dropping your widget, you will see the Widget Options box appear on your screen.
- Skin: Allows you to select from a list of pre-created styling options for your widget
- Header Text: The text that will appear above the News Flash (default is “Recent News”)
- Option Set: Choose the desired Option Set (typically only Default is available depending on design)
- Display: Set the number of items to display in your widget. If there are more items in your category then the number in this field, your citizens will see a link to View All items.
- Category: Choose the appropriate Category or categories
- Carousel Options: Allows you to carousel the News Flash items
- Advanced: Allows you to set a widget breakpoint and push options
- Save: Will save the changes to be published later
- Save and Publish: Will save the changes and publish them to the live site
- Save as Copy: Will save the changes as a copy
Note: A category must be published and have at least one published News Flash item in it before it will show on the front-end. If it still doesn’t show, check that a category has been selected in the Widget Options.