- Log in to the admin side of the website.
- Select Modules > Site Tools > User Administration
- Select the Add User button
- Fill in the account information at the top of the Add User screen (see Fig. 1-1). The user has the ability to change their password so you can use a generic password. Email address is important; this will allow the users to retrieve their password if they forget it as long as they know their user name.
- Select the back end group they belong to. If you do not select a back end group they will not have access to the administrative side of the website. Choosing to Add Back-End group from this spot will send you to group administration and you will lose any changes you have made since your last save.
- Select a front end group if necessary. Not all users will need to be placed in a front end group. This is used primarily for intranet setups. If you have the intranet and this user needs access they will need to be placed in the internet group.
- Saving the user. If you are ready for the user to have access to the site save and publish. Save will keep the user in the system but they will be unpublished.