- Log in to the admin side of the website
- Select Modules > Content > Alert Center
- Select Add Category
- Category Title – This is a required field
- Description – Optional field that will display if this is listed in Notify Me
- Show Description – Can choose Never, Always or Only if Full Description is Blank. If set to Always, then both the Short and Full Description would display on the listings
- Show Alert Bar – If enabled, then Alerts from this Category can show in the Alert Bar at the top of the window.
- Featured Area Type – How the Alerts would display in the Feature section of the related pages. See Image below to see difference (Note: the display will also depend on the design of the website in question)
- Email List – Click to allow Admin users to send out notification emails from this category.
- Allow Subscribers – Click to allow users to subscribe to Calendar in the Notify Me module
Note: You must have the Notify Me module for this function.
- Permissions – Setting permissions at the folder level is suggested.
- View – May view the live side only
- Author – Submit new items, modify / delete unpublished items
- Publisher – Publish new items, modify / delete unpublished items, modify / delete published items, accept / reject submitted items
- Owner – Publish new items, modify / delete unpublished items, modify / delete published items, accept / reject submitted items, create / modify categories and assign category permissions
- Default Messages Tab – This allows you to set/change the default message that is sent when a person subscribes to your Alert category, and the header and footer that accompany each notification that will be sent.
- If you change the content you must select the tab Copy HTML to Text. This will allow your changes to be copied to the text version of the email.
- Save Options to complete creating the Category:
- Cancel – Will delete what you’ve done
- Save – Will save the work as an unpublished draft
- Save & Submit – Will save the work as an unpublished draft and notify a publisher that it is ready for review (option is for Authors only)
- Save & Publish – Will save the work and publish it for viewing.
Note: A category must be published and have at least one published alert in it before it will show on the live side of the website.