Under the Properties Tab you can customize the public side as well as the back end of the Agenda Center. Under Properties global options such as, Default Messages, and Permissions can be set.
In Options you can customize the Agenda Center’s public side, and also create rules related to the creation and customization of agendas. The various sections of the Option Section will describe on the following pages.
- Public Name will rename Agenda Center on the public facing side of your CivicPlus site. Simply remove the default text (Agenda Center) and give the module the desired name you want displayed to the public.
- Header field displays the text that displays in the Header Section of the public facing Agenda Center module. Remove and type in the text you want the public to see.
- Footer is the same as Header. This field displays the text that displays in the Footer Section of the public facing Agenda Center module. Remove and type in the text you want the public to see.
- Modify Agendas, checking this box allows for the modification of published agendas. If local rules and regulations prohibit any modification of published agenda’s, do not select this item.
- Unpublish Agendas allows agendas that have been published to the live site to be returned to unpublished status to be removed or modified. If local rules and regulations prohibit any modification of published agenda, do not select this item.
- Allows owners to override workflow process. CivicPlus Agenda Center allows for the creation of workflow or approval processes. Selecting this item will allow Owners and System Administrators to override the workflow when necessary.
- Allows users to move items into folders. Authors and Publishers perform different functions in the Agenda Center than in other modules within the CivicPlus site. Selecting this item will allow users below the owner level to move agenda items into agenda folders for better agenda item organization.
- Allow Copy to Archive Center. Selecting this item will allow agendas to be copied to the Archive Center.
- Sends Notifications selecting this option will notify System Administrators and someone who has ownership rights to the Agenda Center itself notification when a new agenda category is created. It will also send System Administrators, an Agenda Center Owner, and an Agenda Center Category Owner notification when a new agenda is created.
- Module Name will change the name of the Agenda Center module in the back end of your CivicPlus site. This name change would appear in the Module drop down as seen below.
- Once Save Changes has been selected the changes will appear on the public side and back end side.
Agenda Minutes, Meeting Videos, and Downloads of Agendas, Minutes, or complete packets are available to the public from this page. Location of this page on your CivicPlus is determined by you as any other page would be. For more information on placement of your Agenda Center module on your CivicPlus site please contact Customer Support.
Default Messages are the alerts the public receives via e-mail or SMS text message when new agendas are posted to the public site, once someone has signs up for Notify Me. For more information about setting up these Default Messages and the Notify Me module please review the CivicPlus Notify Me manual in CivicPlus University.
- When changes are made to the Default Message click Save Changes.
Default Agenda Format
The Default Agenda Format section allows you to set the format of the agendas created in the Agenda Center. Items that can be set up are item numbering styles, font styles and sizes, how far each sub item is automatically indented from the previous item and spacing from the bottom item to the next item. Once the default format is set, the format will then be past to all new agenda categories when they are created. However, when a new category is created this format can be overwritten if the need arises.
To set Default Agenda Formatting
- Place your cursor over an item on the default agenda item you wish to set or change. The item will become highlighted and a text box will appear showing the name of the Item you are about to change. Click the highlighted area. (In this example the level one bullet point is highlighted)
- After selecting the area being adjusted, a selection box will appear to the right of the Default Agenda work area.
- Select the new style to be used. (In this case a different bullet numbering style)
- Select Apply these changes to this level and all under it, to apply the items selected in the edit box to all sub items under the highlighted item you are editing in the Default Agenda.
- To Apply all changes click Apply
- Important Note: when editing bullet styles, you do not need to select the Apply these bullet styles to all levels under it. Selecting Apply in the bullets editing box will change all sub styles. Selecting, Apply these bullet styles to all levels under it, in the bullet editing box will apply the Indentation settings. Since the top level item is set to 0 indentations all sub items will also be moved up to a 0 indentation as well. Meaning each sub level will not have any indentation. The default indentation level for each sub item is a multiple of 1.5. For example the first sub level is set at 1.5, the second level is at 3, third level is at 4.5 etc.
- Once all the styles have been set in the Default Agenda, click Save Changes. This will then apply these default styles to all the various Agenda Categories.