The following outlines the basic steps needed to create locations and facilities within CivicRec. This guide assumes you have already completed the Basic Configuration Quickstart Guide.
Step 1: Create Locations
Location creation offers CivicRec admins the opportunity to create the parks and complexes where activities or rentals will be occurring.
- Facilities - Facilities List
- In the form fields provided, fill in the Location Name and then, optionally, any of the following:
- Code - For easy referencing on calendars and other selectors within CivicRec
- Description - A description of the park or complex. This is viewable publicly in some places.
- Select the Settings Tab to continue describing your location and, if desired, add an image for the public page detailing your location.
- Click the "Save New Location" button
Step 2: Create Rentable or Reservable Facilities
Facilities are rooms, fields, or any other designated area that can be rented or reserved.
- The following facility types can be created in CivicRec:
- Golf Courses
- Drill down on one of the aforementioned facility types
- On the Facility listing page, click the "Add a New Facility" button at the right.
- On the Facility Add/Edit page, you must minimally enter the following two fields to create a facility that can be scheduled for activities or internally reserved:
- Location - Select the location of this facility from the dropdown
- Facility Name - The name of the facility (e.g. "Community Room", "Field 1", "Gymnasium")
- For advanced facility settings including rental options, visit: Advanced Facility Settings or Configuring Facilities for Rental