Staff members will sometimes need to issue a refund or user credit to a person's account. The following outlines the basic steps for issuing a Transaction Refund/Credit (Whole or Partial).
For refunds for transactions where the original transaction involved the processing of a credit card online, Refunds cannot be issued until the next day of business. Credit Card transactions do not "settle" until midnight on the day of the transaction, so they cannot be credited until the next day. The only option on the same day of a credit card transaction is to VOID the transaction entirely. This will prevent the charge from hitting the person's credit card.
- Search for the user account profile under "accounts"
- Upon entering the user's profile, click on the button that says "Voids/Refund/Transfers" in the Account Actions section at the bottom of the profile.
- You will be taken to a screen that will show the prior transactions for the user's account. Click on the activities or facilities tab (whichever the transaction should be under) select refund next to the transaction.
- Select the method (i.e. payment type) you wish to issue the refund in (or select User Credit to issue a credit that can be used on a later registration.). You can credit back to any handling method.
- Note: As mentioned above, issuing a refund back to a credit card is not possible on the SAME day as the original transaction. Additionally, it is important to note that most merchants will only allow for credit card refunds prior to 120 days.
- Indicate any amounts and adjustments and indicate the refund payment type.
- Note: If you want to remove the person from the activity while issuing the credit, ensure that the check the box that says "Remove from Activity" is selected. If you leave that box unchecked, the refund/credit will be issued, but the person will be left on the roster. (Facility rentals can be left intact in this same way)
- Optional: Add a comment to indicate the reason for the Refund/Credit
- Click the "submit" button.