CivicRec has released an updated process for capturing participant waiver/release acknowledgment. For public online registrations, the process of waiver acknowledgment is clear. The user authenticates and agrees to the waivers during checkout. They cannot complete a registration otherwise.
For in-person registrations, the process is a little more confusing. CivicRec has traditionally shown staff the waivers but has left it up to staff to either skip those waivers or agree to them on behalf of the participant. We, and many of you, have had reservations about this process.
To address this issue, we are introducing the concept of online waiver agreement, even for in-person registrations. It's important to note that this process can be disabled, if desired.
We do not recommend disabling this option.
You should also note that additional capabilities are being developed and are described at the bottom of this article.
Note: Preliminary registration steps will vary for different facilities/activities.
- Navigate to Catalog
- Select the item you wish to register users under
- Select a date and time
- Select Add To Cart
- Select Checkout
- Navigate to Waivers tab
- Staff sees a note that tells them the waiver will be emailed to the user
- User receives an email, separate from their receipt
- User will select Click here, taken to a waiver agreement form
- Note: The user must successfully confirm their name and email address before the waiver is considered to be acknowledged. (The E-Waiver expires after 14 days)
To improve this process further, we will also implement a touch-screen signature capture that staff can use during checkout. We are still reviewing workflow options and devices, but it will likely involve staff getting to the waiver screen and then having the waivers appear on a separate screen facing the participant/guardian. The participant/guardian can then sign the screen with a finger or stylus. An additional update will be sent out once this capability has been implemented.
Disable E-Waiver Support
- Navigate to Configuration > Organization > Organization Options
- Scroll to In-House Waiver Agreement Process
- Select Allow staff to flag waivers as agreed (Not recommended) from the drop-down menu
- Note: This will cause the normal waiver process to come back into place and all staff to skip and agree for the customer.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, select Save Settings