- Direct Inward Dialing (DID) - A direct line to the person, no extensions.
- Single Sign On (SSO) - A session and user authentication service that permits a user to use one set of login credentials (e.g., name and password) to access multiple applications.
- Poll (Interactive Voice Response/IVR)- A technology that allows a computer to interact with humans through the use of voice and DTMF tones input via a keypad to answer a set of questions presented to the caller.
- Email - This is the electronic form of a letter.
- SMS/TXT - This is a text message sent to a cell phone or other device.
- Text to Speech (TTS) - A computer generated voice that reads the body of the message to you.
- Network - Regroup creates specific URL's for each client to access their instance of the Regroup System.
- Location (Campus) - A Clients network can be segregated by locations which allow the administrators more control of the user and group data within a specific location.
- Group - A list of recipients that has been compiled into a specific list.
- Administrators - Regroup has two Administrator roles, Network Administrator and Group Administrators.
- Users - These are considered the recipients of the messages the system generates.
- Post - This is the action of creating a message to a group or groups or users
- REST API - Style of API CivicReady uses - recognized Industry wide
- XML - Extensible Markup Language - the coding language that is used to submit the API request
- Root Tag - A set of data for a particular request starting with a beginning tag, and ending with a closing tag. The data between the beginning tag and the ending tag is considered one set of data ie: one member, or one message. Below is an example of one tag for the membership import: <user>(Root tag/beginning tag)
<phone>1234567890 </phone>(child tag)
</user>(Root tag/closing tag)
- Child Tag - data located between the beginning and ending tag (Root Tag). In the above example the required membership import format - first name, last name, email, user id, phone number, group id, and database comprises the child tags.
- Messaging Endpoint(s) - the communication method where the user will receive the message. Messaging Endpoints are used in the Messaging API. If there is a value other than 1 entered for the endpoint, or the endpoint is not included in the request, that communication method will not be included in the notification. Messaging endpoints include:
- Service (API Service) - A set of requests to perform a desired function. Services include - Membership API, Messaging API, and Managing Groups.
- Request - A specific command to complete a desired task. Requests include - Membership Import, Retrieving data, Creating Groups, Purging Groups, Deleting Groups, Messaging, etc.