The email-in feature gives you the ability to send an email to post a message to one or multiple groups.
Each group when it is created is issued a unique email address that can be found on the groups home page directly under the group name at the top of the page.
Note: This is why you cant change the group name once created and the email must be sent from an authorized email addressed registered in the CivicReady database and have administrative privileges to post to the groups. Make sure you have group set to whatever media you would like to post to via email-in option:
- Click Settings on from you group home page
- Select EMAIL SETTINGS
- Send as TTS: All emails sent will be posted as calls too (Text to speech)
- SMS/Text: All emails sent will be posted as text messages too (SMS)
- Push Notifications: All emails sent will be posted in the CivicReady Alert Manager App.
- Facebook Post: All emails sent will be posted in Facebook profiles or pages.
Click Settings on your group home page to select CUSTOM EMAIL OPTIONS
- Restricted email in access: This option allows users who are in the CivicReady database to email into groups based on the group's privacy settings
- Disable this feature: This option disables the ability to email into the group via the group email address completely.
- Unrestricted email in access: This option allows users who are not in the CivicReady database to email into public groups freely with the exception of announcement only group. If you would like adminstrators' approval for email-in posts (or any other post), check the box below that you can find on the group settings page: