CivicReady allows you to set up default settings at the group level.
- At the top of the page choose "Groups" then choose "Groups" once again.
- Choose the group you would like to modify the setting of.
- Each group is now listed, if you hover over the desired group you will see a three-dot menu to the far right of the name, click that menu and choose "Edit Group"
- Now you are on the group's detail page. We recommend the following default setting to get started. We will go through each section of the page:
- Location- If locations are active assign the group to a location. If no location is chosen then the group will be visible to all locations.
- Category (Required)- Assign a category to this location. Categories do not affect the general use of the group. It only affects what shortcode will be used when sending a text message to the members of this specific group. The "Emergency Alerts' category will cause all messages sent to this group to be transmitted over either 58339 or 51664. All other categories are transmitted over 30890 which is a shared shortcode.
- Description (Required)- The description area should be used to describe the type of messaging you want to use this group for.
- Group Type (Required)- You have two choices for this area. Announcements Only- With this group type, Only Group or Network Administrators are able to post to this group type. Open Discussion- Any member of the group can post and respond to messages in the group.
- Post Approval (Optional)- This feature is available so that if you wish to have EVERY posting approved by a Group Administrator before it is actually posted to the group members. With this box checked as soon as a new post is created an email will be automatically sent to the designated Group Administrators that are authorized to approve Pending Post. That Administrator will then need to approve the posting before it is sent to the members of the group.
- Privacy (Required)- This area is with regards to whom can see the group as listed on the main "Group Page". Public- Anyone that has access to the Group page can see this group and Join it without any type of permission necessary. Private- This group's name is visible on the main Group page as well, BUT you must request permission to join this group. When permission is requested an email goes to the designated Group Administrator for membership approval. Secret- This group is hidden from the Main Group page Unless you are a network administrator or one of the specific groups admin of this group, or already a group member.
- NOAA alert (Optional feature) Click this LinkXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
- Automatically Select (Optional)- By selecting this box you are saying that you would like all future members that are added to your network to also be added to this group as well.
- Hide Members (Optional)- By selecting this box you are ensuring that all non-administrators within this group will not be able to see the other users/members of this group.
- No Unsubscribe (Optional)- By selecting this box you are not allowing the members of this group to be able to unsubscribe from receiving emails from this group.
- RSS Title (Optional)- This setting controls the actual look of the RSS feed that is generated for this group. Recommended setting "Body"
- Send as TTS (Optional)- By selecting this box you are saying that when the "Email into Post" feature is used that messages will be transmitted as a Text to Speach message as well as email to the members of the group.
- SMS/Text (Optional)- By selecting this box you are saying that when the "Email into Post" feature is used that messages will be transmitted as SMS/Text message as well as email to the members of the group.
- Push Notification (Optional)- By selecting this box you are saying that when the "Email into Post" feature is used that messages will be transmitted as a push notification to the mobile app as well as email to the members of the group.
- Facebook Post- By selecting this box you are saying that messages will be posted on user/network/group connected facebook profiles and pages wall.
- Use Custom email Settings (Optional) (Recommended)- By selecting this box you are saying that you want all emails sent to this group to follow the customization options you choose from this area.
- To (Optional)- You have the ability to use this label to replace the To title of all emails sent to this group.
- From (Optional) (Recommended)- CivicReady allows you to alter the appearance of whom the group email is coming from. You have the ability to show a From Name such as Acme Employee's and also an email that will show as the originating email like email@example.com. By default, if this section is not completed the email name and address will be the group name (example- Group Name Employee's will show as firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Reply To (Optional) (Recommended)- This section controls how replies will be handled for any member of the group that replies to a posted message.
- Email Restrictions (Optional)- This function controls the "Email into Post" feature. By default, a group is set up to allow a group administrator to email in a post from their email client (Outlook, Gmail). The system will receive the email and confirm that the originating email address is associated with a group administrator. If so it will post the message according to the setting that were covered in the "Email Setting" section above.
- Subject Prefix (Optional) By default, the name of the group will be appended to the beginning of the subject line for any emails posted to this group. Many organizations choose to use "Do Not use a prefix" as they do not want the actual name of the group to appear. You also do have the ability to provide a custom prefix if desired.
- Footer (Optional) (Recommended)- We recommend that you choose either "Do not use a Footer" or "Use a Custom Footer". If "Use a Custom Footer is chosen you have the ability to modify the footer text as you see fit. (Once chosen the footer edit box will appear and you can edit/change the content)
- Email Digest (Optional)- This option would force all the membes of the group to receive emails as a daily digest. They would not receive the message as it was posted but would receive a digest version of all emails to the group, according to this setting. Once checked a selection of "Daily", "Weekly", "Monthly" is available.
- Email List (Optional)- This feature allows you to send a copy of each message to an external email archive mailing list.
- Keyword (Optional)- This feature is for text and voice message registration. It allows you to publish a specific word to be used by individuals you would like to receive messages from this group. By instructing individuals to send a text message to 30890 with one of the following combinations:
Join (keyword) - this will register the user to receive text and voice msg's.
Join (Keyword) (email address) -this will register the user to receive text and voice and emails from this group.
- Comments (Optional)- This feature will post any comments that are made to a posting.
- Text/msms settings (Optional)- This feature allows you to control how replies to text messages are distributed
- Social Media (Optional)- This feature allows you to connect Facebook and Twitter accounts to the group. With the Facebook connection, you are able to add as many accounts and pages as you would like. With the Twitter connection, you are only able to add one Twitter account. Once activated all messages sent from this group will be posted on the assigned Twitter account. With regards to Facebook, you have the option to not post to that connection by not choosing it on the post page.
- Call Throttling (Optional)- Call throttling allows you to regulate the total speed that calls are transmitted from this group. This feature is normally used for a group that is transmitting phone calls to a specific phone system. You would place the value or number of calls you wish transmitted per minute.
- Processing Style (Optional)- This feature controls the specific processing style you want this group to perform, see how each style works.