Desktop Alerts are possible using a free software called Feed Notifier. Once you have downloaded this software you can configure it to monitor any of your CivicReady RSS feeds. The software will monitor the CivicReady RSS feed and once a message is posted, the software will display a pop-up window (Customizable) on any MAC.
- Download Feed Notifier to your Mac https://itunes.apple.com/cr/app/rss-bot-news-notifier/id605732865?l=en&mt=12
- Install the Software
- Once program is installed go to the "Add Feeds (+) " option from your bottom tool bar
- Enter in the URL for your CivicReady RSS feed group
- Make the following changes:
- Change the Feed Title to your desired description
- Select the setting of the RSS Bot
- Select the way you want to receive notifications in the browser you are using
Your feed should now be active. Once someone posts a message to the designated group you will see the pop-up message appear on your desktop.