Note: We have enhanced the default settings for your groups by allowing you to designate a specific Caller ID for each group when posting text-to-speech messages.
When an authorized administrator emails in to a specific group using the unique email address of that specific group the CivicReady system has the ability to convert that email the administrator is sending into a Text to Speech message. The CivicReady system verifies the email address the message is coming from is in the system as an authorized email address belonging to an administrator.
As a default you can set the caller ID for a specific group for converting the email in feature to TTS messages in the group settings page.
- Navigate to the Group Homepage and click on edit group settings link to the left.
- Once on the Group Settings page scroll down until you see the Text-to-Speech (Voice) option.
- Note: The option to convert the email in feature to TTS has moved from under Email Options (when you check the box to expand options) to right above Email Options.
- Check the box and fill in the Caller ID you would like to show up for your TTS messages.
- This will now automatically convert the email in feature to a TTS with this specific caller ID.
- Save settings when finished.