- Log in to the admin side of your website.
- Go to the front of your website by clicking on the Home Page icon on the top of your admin home screen.
- Navigate to the page where you’d like to display a particular Quick Link category.
- Click on the Live Edit button(It will say Live Edit is Off until you click on it and then it will turn on) in your admin bar at the top of the screen
- Click on the Widgets tab in the panel that appears after you click on Live Edit. Initially, the tabs may appear at the bottom of the screen, or they may appear on the right or left edge of the screen.
- After clicking on the Widgets tab, click on the Modules button in the Widgets panel. This is located at the top next to the Content button.
- Click on the Quick Links widget and drag it (right click with mouse and hold while moving) to the desired area of the page. You can drop widgets into the main content area of your page or in the Feature Column.
Note: Make sure you see a dotted container appear in the desired spot on your page before you drop your widget. Otherwise, the widget will not be added to the page.
- After dropping your widget, you will see the Widget Options box appear on your screen. Here you can select the desired options for the Quick Links widget, including:
- Skin – allows you to select from a list of pre-created styling options for your widget
- Header Text – The text that will appear above the Quick Links (default is “Quick Links”)
- Option Set – Choose the desired Option Set (typically only Default is available depending on design )
- Display – Set the number of items to display in your widget. If there are more items in your category then the number in this field, your citizens will see a link to View All items.
- Category – Choose the appropriate Category
- Click the “X” at the top right corner of the Widget Options box to save your options.
- Click “Save”, “Save and Publish”, or “Save as Copy” at the top of your page to save the changes to the page.
Note: A category must be published and have at least one published Quick Link item in it before it will show on the front-end. If it still doesn’t show,