- Log in to the admin side of the website.
- Select Modules > Content > Notify Me.
- Find the mailing list you wish to create a message for.
- Select Choose an Action > Add Item
- Complete the following fields/actions (red asterisk indicates mandatory field):
- Date to Send – Leave blank to send upon Save & Send being selected, or choose a future date for the message to auto-send
- Time To Send – Leave blank to send upon Save & Send being selected, or choose a future time for the message to auto-send
- Sender Name – The default for this field is the name of the mailing list
- E-mail Subject – Should be relevant to information provided in the message.
- E-mail Message – Enter your message here, replacing the text <type your message here>.
Note: Making changes to the header and footer of this message will only affect this message. Remember the footer includes the unsubscribe information.
- Copy – Copy HTML to Text or Text to HTML
- Cancel – Will delete what you’ve done
- Save – Will save the work as an unpublished draft
- Save & Submit – Will save the work as an unpublished draft and notify a publisher/owner/system administrator that it is ready for review (option is viewable by authors only)
- Save & Send – Will save the message and send it to subscribers
In an effort to ensure scheduled messages contain accurate information, the notifications feature incorporated in CivicEngage modules allows for only one scheduled notification at a time.
If a site user modifies and saves an existing item that already has a notification scheduled, a new notification window will appear and the notification settings entered will overwrite the existing scheduled notification.
For example, if a site user edits the Tomato Festival Calendar event to reschedule the event to a later date due to weather, when the site user saves they they will be prompted to re-fill out the notification settings and should set them based on the modifications they made to the event. If the user chooses Don't Send this will cancel the previously scheduled notification and will not create a new notification to be sent.