This process is necessary for CivicPlus Pay to be allowed to communicate with the Authorize.net gateway.
- Your account must be configured for eCommerce to process public page transactions.
- Your account must be configured for retail to use EMV devices. For retail setup, please see the additional credentials that will be needed.
- This process is for new Authorize.net customers only. If you are currently processing with Authorize.net and a CivicPlus product, resetting your PIN will break your current integration.
This article is for information purposes only. We cannot make any guarantee to the accuracy of these specific steps below as Authorize.net may make modifications to what things are called or where they are placed. The outline below should be substantially like what you should see on the Authorize.net site.
Not finding what you are looking for? View additional resources
The customer is responsible for configuring the Authorize.net transaction ID and providing the right API (application program interface) login ID to CivicPlus. The customer must also ensure that their account is configured to accept e-commerce transactions. If the customer does not do these items, users will not be able to complete a transaction.
Obtain Your API Login ID & Transaction Key
- Navigate to Authorize.net, click Sign In, and select your option
- Click Account
- Select API Credentials & Keys
- Copy your API Login ID
- Select New Transaction Key
- Click Submit
- Follow the prompts to verify your identity
Copy your key
- Send your API Login ID and Transaction Key to the CivicPlus Support Team to have your CivicPlus Pay configuration setup
If you received a code 87, you have not configured your Merchant Service Provider correctly. All transactions are processed as eCommerce. Please see Authorize.net’s documentation for more information.
Fraud Detection Filters
If you are using any fraud detection filters, such as "Transaction IP Velocity" you will want to be sure that you whitelist the CivicPlus Pay IP addresses. Please contact support for our IP addresses.
- Authorize.net's Official Documentation
- Getting Started with Authorize.net EMV
- Gateway Hardware Overview - This includes all payment gateways, please refer to the Authorize.net section
- Authorize.net FAQs