2. What Personal Data Do We Collect?
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit the site, register an account on the site, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features, or resources we make available on our site. Users may be asked for, when appropriate, their name, email address, or phone number. Users may, however, visit the site anonymously. We will collect Personal Data from Users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply Personal Data, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain site-related activities, like using the Service. When you register to use a site that the Service is connected to by establishing an account, we will collect Personal Data as needed to offer and fulfill the services you request. Depending on the services you choose at the time of registering on a site, we may ask the following information about you when you, including the following:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Address 1
- Address 2
- Phone Number
The fields above are not collected or passed to the Services when the site does not have a User associated with the use of the Services. In the event the User inputs these fields into a site and then uses the Services, the site will pass this information to the Services. These fields are beneficial when we redirect the User to the gateway, we can provide this information in advance and the user does not have to enter it twice.
When you use the Service, to make a purchase from merchants, we collect information about the transaction, and the following transaction information is stored:
- Date and Time
- Order Number
- Last Four of the card number
- Expiration Year
- Expiration Month
- Card Brand (Visa, MasterCard, Amex)
- Payment Type (Credit/Debit or ACH)
- Gateway ID (aka Merchant Code), the gateway’s unique identifier
- Receipt Data
- Signature Data
- Result (success or decline)
- RawResponse data from the gateway - often includes Name, billing info, last 4, card brand, authorization code, approval code
3. Why Do We Retain Personal Data?
4. How We Use Collected Information
CivicPlus collects and uses User’s information, including Personal Data for the following purposes:
To Personalize User Experience
We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the site, Service, and resources provided on our site.
To Improve Our Site Experience
We continually strive to improve our site offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from Users.
To Improve Customer Service
Your information helps us to more effectively respond to a User’s customer service requests and support needs.
To Send Periodic Emails
The email address that Users provide to a site will only be used to respond to their inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. If the User decides to opt-in to our mailing list on any one of our sites, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or the User may contact us via the contact information below.
5. How Do We Process Personal Data?
We process your Personal Data in order to provide the Service, including to:
- Initiate a payment
- Communicate with the merchant processor
- Complete a transaction
When a User’s Personal Data is provided, this information is stored and used to formulate a request that is sent to the payment gateway. The payment gateway is then instructed to allow the User to enter their payment information. The payment gateway then returns the result of the transaction back to the Services and the result is then stored and forwarded on to the respective site being used.
6. Do We Share Personal Data?
We do not sell, trade, or rent User’s Personal Data to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates, and advertisers for the purposes outlined above.
We may share your Personal Data or other information about you with other parties to transactions when you use the Service. In most cases, this is your local municipality with whom you are procuring services (the merchants), their chosen merchant account processor, and financial institutions. The information is limited to Personal Data and account information necessary to facilitate the transaction.
We may also share information with other third parties for our business purposes or as permitted or required by law, including:
- Sending non-personal information to third-party analytics service providers for monitoring the health of the Sites and Services;
- If we need to do so to comply with a law, legal process, or regulations;
- To law enforcement authorities, other government officials, or other third parties pursuant to a subpoena, a court order, or other legal process or requirement applicable to CivicPlus;
- If we believe, in our sole discretion, that the disclosure of Personal Data is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity;
- To protect the vital interests of a person;
- To investigate violations of or enforce a user agreement or other legal terms applicable to the Service;
- To protect our property, the Service, and legal rights;
- To facilitate a purchase or sale of all or part of CivicPlus’s business;
- To companies that we plan to merge with or be acquired by; and
- To support our audit, compliance, and corporate governance functions.
7. How Do We Work With Other Services and Platforms?
We work with third-party payment processors in order to successfully complete transactions. We have preferred partner processors, with whom we have direct communication with regard to the Services and you contract directly with. We also work with other payment processors that are not contracted partners, at our client’s request; we use such processor’s technical documentation and instructions for creating an integration with the services.
9. How Do We Protect Your Personal Data?
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices, and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your Personal Data, username, password, transaction information, and information stored on the site, if applicable to your use of the site and Services.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over an SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures.
10. How Do Users Request Access to Review or Change Personal Data?
Please contact us if you wish to complete an access request to all personal data that CivicPlus holds on you; please note, that photo identity will be required to prove your identity.
If you have an Account with the site or Service, you generally can review and edit Personal Data in the Account by logging in and updating the information directly. If you wish to edit Personal Data and are unable to do so in the Account, you may contact us using the contact information below, and we can help you with this request; verification of identity will be required.
13. Contact Us
Or, by writing to:
302 S. 4th Street, STE 500
Manhattan, KS 66502