This article will you through getting the Application Programming Interface (API) credentials needed for CivicPlus Pay.
This article is for informational and educational purposes only and was accurate as of March 20th, 2020. We cannot make any guarantee to the accuracy of these specific steps below as Braintree may make modifications to what things are called or where they are placed. The outline below should be substantially like what you should see on the Braintree site.
- Log on to Braintree
- Click the Settings icon (cog icon) in the upper, right-hand corner
- Click API
- You can use an existing key or create a new key
- Note: Click view on the existing key, this will show the information you need.
- To create a new key, click Generate New API Key
- Click View on your newly created key
- Copy the public, private, and merchant ID from the Client Library Key page and give this information to CivicPlus