This process is necessary for CivicPlus Pay to be allowed to communicate with the CSG Forte gateway.
This article is for information purposes only. We cannot make any guarantee to the accuracy of these specific steps below as CSG Forte may make modifications to what things are called or where they are placed. The outline below should be substantially similar to what you should see on the CSG Forte site.
If you, as the customer, do not set up Application Programming Interface (API) credentials nor provide the correct information to CivicPlus, users will not be able to complete a transaction.
Create API Credentials
- Log in to Forte
- Navigate to Developer > API Credentials
- Click Create
- Enter a Name
- Click Create New API Key
- Copy the API Access ID and the API Secure Key
Note: You will need to provide both of these to CivicPlus.
Gather Organization and Location ID
You will need to provide your Organization ID and the Location ID to CivicPlus.
- Your Organization ID is located at the top of the screen
- Navigate to Locations and copy the Location ID
- Provide your API Access ID, API Secure Key, Organization ID, and Location ID to CivicPlus