This article will give an overview of how to procure and set up devices for Tempus.
- Your devices must be purchased directly from Tempus. The CivicPlus integration was tested using the Igenico Lane 5000. Learn more about the supported devices.
CivicPlus does not support, nor troubleshoot, hardware provided by third parties. For issues following the documentation linked below, please contact Tempus’s support team.
- Download and install PaymentMate
- Be sure to activate your installation. You will need your RNID, Zip Code, and Activation Codes. These items are furnished by Tempus. View the PaymentMate Installation instructions.
- Physically set up your device. It needs to be powered on and plugged into a USB.
- Open the Registry Editor application
- Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE
- Open WOW6432Node
- Right-click on Tempus Technologies and select New > Key
- Name the folder InteractiveAPI
- Note: Double-check your spelling. The folder name must match exactly.
- Right-click on InteractiveAPI and select New > String Value
- Rename the string to EnableHTTP
- Right-click on EnableHTTP and select Modify
- Enter 1 in the Value data field and click OK
- Close the Registry Editor Application and go to C:\Spectrum\Utilities\CertificateInstaller in your File Explorer
- Note: This could be a different location based on where you installed PaymentMate.
- Right-click on importcerts and select Run as Administrator
- After the batch file finishes running, open PaymentMate (you should have already activated your installation) and select Configure
- Navigate to the Peripherals/Receipts tab and select Configure Peripherals
- On the Station Settings tab, select Interactive API under Mode of Operation
- On the PIN Pad tab, select your device: for the Lane 5000, select Ingenico iSC(250/480)
- Select your COM Port
- Note: Your COM Port can be confirmed by checking your Device Manager.
- Click OK
- Allow your device to perform its updates. This can take several minutes. Once complete, you are ready to try a test transaction.
CommentsLet us know what was helpful or not helpful about the article.
Please sign in to leave a comment.