This article will show you how to create a Subscription List in CivicPlus Notifications.
- Each list requires a name and a description. Names must be unique and can be a maximum of 100 characters. The description may be up to 1000 characters in length.
- All categories associated with the HCMS will be available to add to a list. One or more categories can be associated with each list.
- There is no Draft state of a list. All lists can be subscribed to by residents. Lists set as internal-only will be restricted to imported/authenticated users.
Create a List
- Navigate to the Subscription Lists tab
- Click New Subscription List
- Complete the fields
- Name: Enter the name of the list
- Description: Add a short description
Sender Name: This is the name that will appear in the From field of the notification
- Note: This will default to the name of the organization.
Reply-To Email Address: This is the email address that will be used if the user chooses to reply to an email notification
- Note: This will default to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Header (Optional): If needed, add an email header
- Footer (Optional): You can also add an email footer
- Enable SMS: Turn on/off SMS messages for this subscription list. If toggled off, users will not be able to subscribe to SMS notifications for that list.
- Internal Only: Enable to make this an internal-only list. This will remove the listing from the public-facing screen and only authenticated users associated with the Organization or imported users will be able to subscribe or unsubscribe.
- Products: Indicate the product(s) for an individual subscription list
- Categories: If you selected HCMS in the Products list, select the HCMS categories to add to the list
- Hide field labels: If you selected HCMS in the Products list, you can choose to hide the content type field labels on all notifications for this subscription list
- Click Save
Delete a List
- All staff users can delete any list
- Lists can be deleted if there are associated subscribers
Navigate to the Subscription Lists tab
- Find the desired list and click Actions > Delete
- Respond OK to the pop-up prompt that says Are you sure you want to delete this subscription list?