Integrations can be set up between the HCMS and a supported CivicPlus product or third party in order to send data to the selected product. These integrations will trigger when specified content or files are created in the HCMS or you can use the HCMS as an action and content will be created in the HCMS whenever the integration runs.
- When the item is created, it will be created with the status dictated by the custom workflow for your content type and role. If you have not configured any custom workflows, the item will be created as a Draft item.
You will be unable to map certain fields at this time including:
- Reference fields
There might be unexpected results for the date, date range, link, and geolocation fields due to differences in data formatting.
- Assets as an action type will be available as a future enhancement.
- Add HCMS Credentials to Integration Hub
- Create a Simple Integration or an Advanced Integration with HCMS as either the Trigger or Action
- Type: Select Content or File from the drop-down (File is only available with HCMS as the Trigger)
- Content Type: Choose what Content Type in the HCMS you would like to create content in as a result of this integration
- Filter: If you are using the HCMS as the Trigger, select the status of the content/file that will trigger the integration (for example, the integration is triggered when an Article content type is published).
- Action: If you are using the HCMS as the Action, select Create from the drop-down. Other options will likely be available in the future.
- If you selected the HCMS as the Action, on the Configure tab you will be able to map fields from the trigger to your HCMS
- Note: This screen includes both auto-complete and custom text input fields.
- Status: Choose whether the content should be automatically published or in draft mode
- Permission Set: Select a permission set from your HCMS
- Categories: Assign the content to your HCMS categories
Tags: Triggers can pass content into the tag field to HCMS content and assets. Adding tags to content can make it easier to sort and filter, and content can be automatically added to a CivicEngage Evolve website based on the associated tags.
Integration Use Cases