We are aware of a fraud attempt in which a third-party emailed a customer claiming to be a representative of CivicPlus’s accounting department. The fraudulent email attempted to persuade the recipient to update their accounting records with new banking and ACH information for CivicPlus.
In light of this situation, CivicPlus is reminding all our customers to remain hypervigilant of fraud attempts.
If you are unsure if a message from CivicPlus is legitimate, do not click on any links. Perform the following tasks to ensure the message is reliable.
- Ask yourself:
- Was I expecting this message?
- Does this email make sense?
- Am I being pushed to act quickly?
- Examine the email and look for:
- A sense of urgency
- An unsolicited request for personal information
- Unfamiliar links or attachments
If after considering these factors you believe you have received a fraudulent email, please let our Security team know.