This article will walk you through how to set up Two-Factor Authentication for an account. When you enable Two-Factor Authentication with the new sign-in, you will have to use your password and a verification code (from an authenticator app) in order to successfully log in.
- Two-factor authentication has changed from email to authenticator apps in the new sign-in.
- CivicPlus recommends that every user enables Two-Factor Authentication for security.
- Log into the system
- Select Manage Account in the top right corner
- Navigate to the Two-Factor Authentication tab
- Click Add Authenticator App
- Follow instructions to configure an authenticator app by opening or installing any time-based, one-time passcode (TOTP) app on your desktop or mobile device, adding the authenticator key via QR code or copy-paste, entering the unique code generated for you by the app, and selecting Verify
- Save the presented list of Recovery Codes in case you ever lose access to the app
- Signing in will require the time-based, one-time passcode every time you sign in