The purpose of this guide is to explain how to install the required software to process payments on the CivicRec side with EMV machines, using CivicPlus Pay/Global Payments Integrated. View the list of recommended Gateway Hardware.
- Download the RCM Software version for your Operating System. The setup instructions are identical between Windows and MacOS.
- Follow installation instructions
- After installation, reboot your computer
- Search for and select the RCM
- View the RCM green and blue icon in the bottom right-tray
- Navigate to the Device Manager
- Ensure that your device is plugged in through the USB; view a listing of it in the Device Manager
Note: If you cannot see it, click View at the top and select Devices by container.
- Note the COM port for the device
- Right-click on the bottom right-tray RCM icon and select Device Configure
- Select the model of your device from the top drop-down and ensure that you choose the model that contains the label US EMV if your machine uses chip cards
- Select your COM port. This can be found in the Device Manager.
Note: If there is no COM port listed, please reach out to administration.
- Click OK
- You can now Test your device
Note: If the Test button isn't working, select the Load Forms to Device and Load Settings to Device buttons and then try testing the device again.
Additional CivicRec Steps
- To test a checkout through CivicRec, Create a POS Item for $1.00
Note: Click the Continue Payment Button to process the transaction.
- The device should now respond and indicate a swipe or card insert request; follow the prompts on the pin pad